Business Title: Senior Manager, CorpTax
Requisition Number: 37723
Function: Tax Services
Area of Interest: Accounting
Description: When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join ourTax Transformationpractice in our St. Louis, Kansas City or Minneapolis office.
* Manage projects and teams delivering tax outsourcing and tax transformation services, utilizing a convergent skill set of both technical tax and process/technology knowledge primarily related to State and or International CorpTax technology
* Work with clients to understand overall operational, data, and information requirements for tax processes, including documenting tax processes and organization, analyzing tax data, calculations, and reports, while understanding technology environment and interfaces
* Evaluate client's resource model, processes, and technology to develop recommendations for improvement, including recommendations on optimizing resources, processes and controls, and technology, while applying financial reporting standards and tax technical guidance to the assessment and recommendation of tax processes and technology
* Assist with implementing CorpTax and potentially other technology applications and refined processes as well as controls and resource models, and help manage the delivery of tax outsourcing services
* Develop and maintain project plans and other project management functions, including liaising with client project teams to develop, motivate, and train staff level team membersAdditional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
* Assist in new business development related to these tax services
* Build and manage client relationshipsQualifications:
* Five years of a combination of corporate tax experience gained in a well-regarded audit, tax, or advisory services firm, corporation, law firm, other service provider, or industry experience
* Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
* Certified in one or more technology applications such as CorpTax, or licensed CPA, J.D., LL.M (Please note: Any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that does not currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations, will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
* Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teamsAdditional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
* Eight years of a combination of corporate tax experience gained in a well-regarded audit, tax, or advisory services firm, corporation, law firm, other service provider, or industry experience
* Demonstrated track record of business developmentKPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.